Swiss Taekwondo held the 23rd and the 41st Poomsae and Kyorugi National Champinships in the City of Regendorf/ZU. The Championships took place on 04 and 05 December and were organized by two Swiss Clubs; Taekwondo Züri and Alpha Academy Zurich.
Two World Taekwondo Council Members, H.E. Mr. Ambassdor of the Republic of Korea to the Swiss Confederation and the Mayor of Regensdorf/ZU took part in the Openening Ceremony of the Championships.
38 International and National Referees of Poomsae and Kyorugi took part and officiated during the two days event.
Swiss Taekwondo nominated for the first time Mrs. Maria GILGEN as Championship Safeguarding Officer. Mrs. Gilgen is a newly elected Board Member of Swiss Taekwondo and Chair of Athletes & Integrity Committee.
During the Championships, the Embassy of the Republic of Korea organized a photo & VR exhibition. It was a great occasion for partcipants, athletes, coaches and parents to discover the beauty of Korean landscapes and Korean culture.
Seated from Left to Right:
1- Ms. Joeun KIM, Assistant Manager, Embassy of the Republic of Korea;
2- Mr. Youngmin AN, Third Secretary, Embassy of the Republic of Korea;
3- H.E. Mr. Ambassador Taekang ROH, Embassy of the Republic of Korea;
4. Dr. Jean-Marie AYER, President Swiss Taekwondo and WT Council Member;
5. Mr. Mohamed SHAABAN, WT Council Member and Chairman of WT Games Committee;
6. Dr. Walid YOUNES, Secretary General Swiss Taekwondo, Olympic Referee & WT Education Committee Member;
7. Mr. Max WALTER, Mayor of Regendorf;
Standing from Left to Right:
1. Mr. Peer STEINKELLNER, Board Member Swiss Taekwondo; Chair Education Committee;
2. Mr. Michael D’ALONZO, Board Member Swiss Taekwondo; Chair Popular Sport Committee;
3. Mr. Mark THOMPSON, Board Member Swiss Taekwondo; Chair Grassroots Committee;
4. Mrs. Maria GILGEN, Board Member Swiss Taekwondo; Chair Athletes & Integrity Committee – Championship Safeguarding Officer;
5. Mrs. Pavla MATTSSON, Board Member Swiss Taekwondo, Chair Sponsorship, Marketing & Communications Committee;
6. Mr. Chris VIOLA, Organizing Committee, Taekwondo Züri;
7. Mr. Ivan JUSTO, Organizing Committee – Alpha Academy Zurich.